Sunday, December 23, 2018

just right

I gotta start right off with Marty G mugging it up to guarantee he'd be in this blog, and Laura's.


(Marty G, with sheep.)

So after Tom H's windy, meandering ride yesterday, Laura OLPH thought about posting a recovery ride. I was in for that if it was to be a real recovery ride, but I was NOT up for a long, hilly slog. Laura promised 25 miles and one hill, or a little longer if we started from her house.

Which is what Ricky and I did.


 As we were riding to Twin Pines to pick up the others, I noted felt moose antlers in Laura's pocket.


You can't see it in that picture, and I didn't know it at the time, but they were way cool; they have red LED's. They light up!

We got to Twin Pines and picked up Chris C, Marty of the retiring attitude, and Racer Pete.




We did a route that Laura used to do on a chromoly bike on her C+ rides. We passed a place where Laura used get cow pictures. I improved upon the time by trying to fix a nagging little shifting problem. I wound up trying at every stop, but it wasn't until I got the bike home on the stand that I got it 90% fixed (and the rest will probably require a new derailleur).

The rest looked for the missing cows.



Shortly thereafter we came upon some sheep... but you already know that.


On such a short ride, a stop probably wasn't necessary... but near the end was Sourlands Coffee, which had caught Laura's eye, but at which we'd never stopped because it was too close to a ride ending. We stopped in today... and it's good enough that a tradition of an end-of-the-ride coffee would be a good one to start.


Pardon the poor quality of the next picture...but I figured that I had to get a picture of a magazine for baristas:


That was just too good to miss.

Laura decided to leave the antlers at Sourland Coffee.



Before we left, Marty decided to get a pic including me, so I won't be as anonymous as I usually am.


In the corner in hat and shades, lookin' suspicious.


Obligatory bike pics.





Sourland Cycles has placed bike racks liberally around the area;it's a good idea.

Ride page.

It was just the ride I needed before managing the holiday. Hope you survive yours, as well (holiday, that is... well, I hope you survive your ride, too, if you go on one!).

No comments:

Post a Comment