Friday, June 14, 2019

everyone knows it's windy

If you're looking for information about the ride listed for Sunday, click here.


The Excellent Wife (TEW) and I are just back from a mini-vacation in the Berkshires, paying homage to Norman Rockwell and maple syrup. It was a tedious drive back, so I was glad to see that Bill B had posted a ride with Team Social Security for today. TEW pointed out that winds were predicted to be gusting up to 25mph today, but I wasn't going to let that stop me.

Neither were all of these folks:







Bill took 12 of us on this route to Woody's in Allentown. As sometimes happens, we split into a fast crew and a slow crew, made worse, I'm sure, by the ferocious headwinds on some of the sections. Bill did a great job of keeping us together, aided by Lynne W on the sweeper's whistle (they make a good team).

At Woody's:










That handsome canine got a LOT of attention.

We whipped along 526/Allentown-Lakewood Road, this time aided by a tailwind (I KNEW I'm not that fast), and headed the wrong way on Rues Lane (I've only ever gone downhill on that!).

At the top of Rues:





(As for the post title... these guys are among the few who might get the reference.)

No comments:

Post a Comment