Wednesday, December 25, 2019

ride for dec29 (if we don't get rained out)

EDIT: I'd really like to do this, and the weather might not cooperate, so I'm moving the start to 9:30 and shortening the ride to about 34-35 miles.

I'd really like to get one more ride in for the year on Sunday, so I'm listing this, but if the weather prediction worsens, don't be surprised if I cancel. The way it stands now, I'm planning about 38 miles from Blackwells Mills/Six Mile Run, going down to Princeton, then to Hopewell with a stop at the Boro Bean, then through Skillman and Montgomery; it'll look like this route (but it won't be...).

One of our number forgot a helmet last time; if you do that, ask... some of our members have an extra helmet in the car. I didn't know it either, until it came up, too late for the rider to come along.

I promise to be in better shape than I was last week. The more I think about it, the more I think it wasn't the heavy bike, it was the unready rider (me) who was the problem. Still, I'm planning to bring the Maserati this time. I ain't as young as I useta be (I was never as young as I useta be...).

As usual: Princeton Freewheeler Ride, non-members are allowed one free one, then you gotta join. Come on out and keep me company, if the rain doesn't fall.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jim, I registered last night, but am canceling this morning. Sorry about that. Enjoy the ride and be safe. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete