Tuesday, June 1, 2021

now for the hand sewing and detailing

So it's all up to the hand sewing and finishing now on the frock coat (which is really a blazer with a long bottom); I've sewn the shell to the lining. Below, inside out: the front...

...the back...

...the back lining. You don't get to see the front lining, because I'm not showing the cob job I made of those inside pockets.


 Turned right-side out:

Above, the front. It needs a press; the collar needs to be nailed in, and a few other things. Below, the back.

And below, the good side of one of those inside pockets.


Real satin lining. I like it, and it's mostly nice to work, but it's a dirty fabric; it sheds threads and fibers everywhere.

Most of the rest is closing up seams and hand sewing. It might take another week; I'm not great for that (you should see me try to thread a needle...)

Edit 6/4: I did the lower hem last night by hand. There are only a few things to do by hand (the sleeve cuffs and the vent remain; there's also internal structural stuff), but it takes about 80% of the time that ALL of the rest of the assembly takes.


No comments:

Post a Comment