Sunday, July 25, 2021

stormless again

 Just like last week, inclement weather was predicted for my Sunday ride, so I was late posting it, and tentative and apologetic in the listing. I had ten registrants nonetheless, although two contacted me this morning complaining of mechanical difficulties (they may have actually been concerned about the weather, and I would not have blamed them), so eight of us headed out from the Claremont school.

I'd decided on a route that includes many opportunities to shorten and turn back in case the predicted storms came, but they didn't (two of my wiser sources on the ride said that the storms were for later in the day). As I do on these rides, I suggested the faster folks might want to ride ahead at a few points, but almost nobody did. 

We went down to Kingston along the canal, then up River Road to Rocky Hill, and then to the Arboretum to enjoy some relief (ahem).






While there, Ming had some energy bars that she said were especially for the women.




Not that any of the women on this ride especially needed 'em!

From there to the Sunrise Deli in Millstone.







And then back down Elizabeth Ave, Van Cleef, and back to the school.

At the end, Ming, who had done 70-plus hilly miles on the Revolutionary Ramble yesterday, planned to add another ten miles or so. Nobody offered to accompany her. I decided the demands of chivalry didn't extend that far. 

Ride page. Our average is creeping up. We're getting stronger as the summer goes on. Still, I stick to my assertions: low B pace, and nobody dropped. We've maintained that; I expect that to continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment