Sunday, March 20, 2022

dropped 'em. damn.

 Despite complaints that the speed of this Sunday ride has been creeping up, I've tried to keep it to a low B, and it was my intention to do so today. But it didn't work out that way. 

I didn't post the listing until late Thursday, and didn't have many takers even early yesterday, but I wound up with twelve at the start.








It LOOKED like the weather would be awful, but it wasn't. While the sky was cloudy, there was no rain. There was almost enough wind, much of it in our face for the first part of the ride.

We did one of my usual routes, and stopped at Thomas Sweet. 


On the way back, we headed up 206, and then to Bridgepointe Road. Somewhere between there and Wood Violet, where I like to use the path that connects to Magill, Lynne W, Bill B, and Dave H (who was sweeping) lost sight of us. I waited for them to catch up, but they turned at Harlingen and headed back across the canal. By the time I got Dave on the phone, they were already on Canal Road, headed back.

Perhaps technically, it wasn't a drop: I stuck to the route and waited. But I'm sure it felt like they were dropped. I hate it; I wanted this Sunday ride to be a no-drop ride. I've sent an apology to Bill & Dr Lynne.

I'll run this as a C+ ride the next time.


In other news, though, I DID get a chance to tell a few people about my Ramblin' Wrench project. Maybe I can drum up some business. Do you need some bicycle maintenance done?

1 comment:

  1. On the "Ramblin' Wrench" I can give you a sterling thumbs up and 5 chain rings (53 tooth) rating. My Truk 1100 shouldn't have been able to run, but you made it work. That was excellent work.
    See it is possible for me not to tell any bad jokes.

    ReplyDelete