Tuesday, January 18, 2011

back on the bike

Over the three-day holiday weekend, I put the bike on the trainer in the garage, and started doing some pedaling as part of my daily exercise routine (instead of the rower; I still do the floor exercises). Admittedly, I'm not on for long... but I'm gratified to see that my pedaling muscles don't seem to have completely atrophied in the past six weeks or so.

It is, however, miserably cold in that garage, where the trainer is, especially for the first five or six minutes before I warm up. miserere mei, already!

(One of the ways I tell myself that I'm not a complete bicycle fanatic is that I do my upper-body exercises. The racers will allow the upper body to get as thin as possible, so they're not carrying muscle weight. So there; that's proof I'm not crazy.*)

(*I need all the proof I'm not crazy that I can generate.)

No comments:

Post a Comment