Sunday, January 16, 2011

still crazy

I might do the Anchor House Ride for Runaways this year. It's a 500-mile bicycle ride done as a fundraiser for Anchor House (check it out; opens in a new tab).

I'm not worried about doing 500 miles on the bicycle in a week. I'm not worried about the $750 minimum donation requirement.

I'm worried that, at the end of a week of riding and living with these people, I'll be universally disliked. Or, worse, ignored and forgotten.

In other, but related, news. I've decided to do two things per week to support my long-term friendships. The "things" can include visits, calls, emails, agreeing to do something, or whatever... but if I died tomorrow, I think that the people who came to my funeral (outside of my nuclear family) would be my wife's friends and family. And if she died tomorrow, it might be my nuclear family, and then her family, coworkers, and friends. It's time to change that.

No comments:

Post a Comment