Sunday, September 25, 2011

a good weekend

Yesterday, I didn't think I was going to be able to ride, but the excellent wife changed plans, so I could. I went out to where the Hill Slugs were leaving from, but nobody was there. I went to ride for myself, and bumped into the two Slugs who made it out - I had been half an hour early (oh, well). So we cranked out about 50 miles total, including some hills (and had a delightful conversation at the break). Then back home, and the excellent wife and I went out to use up some gift certificates at Outback Steakhouse.

Today was the Princeton Freewheelers Picnic, with an all-paces ride beforehand. Our Lady of Perpetual Headwinds, convener of the Hill Slugs, led a group (I sort-of acted as sweep, riding in the back to make sure we didn't drop anybody), and we did about 42 miles. Good group, and some may become more frequent Slugs.

Better yet, the fellow who was in the bike accident on Mother's Day put in an appearance, on his bike, at the all-paces ride. He didn't do a full ride with us, but he may be coming out soon. I'm glad to see him up and about, and on a bike,

The excellent wife took her folks out to a Polish show today. I'm glad we can go our separate ways without suspicion or fear. I'm also glad when we're both back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment