Tuesday, September 27, 2011

newest hot chick

When you're pushin' 60, like I am, it's a little creepy to be hangin' around with sweet young things, so I've had to change my definition of what a hot chick is. The latest gal to get my attention is Elizabeth Warren, who was not confirmed as head of the new bureau overseeing banks. She's running for Senate in Massachusetts, and here's a sample:

I hear all this, 'well, this is class warfare, this is whatever'. No. There is nobody in this country who got rich on his own. Nobody. You built a factory out there? Good for you. But I want to be clear:

You moved your goods to market on the roads the rest of us paid for; you hired workers the rest of us paid to educate; you were safe in your factory because of police forces and fire forces that the rest of us paid for. You didn't have to worry that marauding bands would come and seize everything at your factory, and hire someone to protect against this, because of the work the rest of us did

Original, god help us, from Al Jazeera, of all places.

(In other news, I never met a regulation I didn't like - even the one that kept me from getting an additional license; it was the right thing to do, even though it cost me money. And I'm willing to pay more taxes to get more services. Take that, Teabaggers.)

No comments:

Post a Comment