Tuesday, February 26, 2013

missing ride list

I'm a member of the Princeton Freewheelers, which may be the only club in the state (maybe in the Northeast) that doesn't list its rides on the website. Instead, members are dependent on a dead-tree newsletter and an emailed ride list for the ride announcements.

Today is February 26. There are two more days in this month, and I don't have either the dead-tree or the electronic version of the ride list. Weather suggests that both days this weekend might be OK for riding.

Where is the ride list? And why can't the club list the rides on the site? Is the club really going to lose that much money from freeloading riders who ride but don't pay the annual $20? (It strikes me that we have their phone numbers on the ride lists; we could hire goons to go harass them if it's that important.)

This is dumb.

Edit 2/27/13: The email list was in my inbox this afternoon when I got home from work. Laura OLPH will have a ride, and Ira will run one out of Cranbury; there are others, of course. Let me know if you need me to forward you the list; I save it as a .pdf and I can link to it in my Dropbox account. (Should I just do that every month?)

2 comments:

  1. Jim, i mailed the books at the Post Office on Friday. I got mine on Saturday, don't know what the delay is about.. Let John Powers know that you haven't received your book yet, and I do agree that the rides should be listed on the web in real time. As info, Laura has the ride on Saturday and Larry has his usual on Sunday.

    See you on the road!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dreaming about doing a club ride this coming Saturday but couldn't find the email list and no recollection of receiving a book. SO we assumed that we had not renewed our membership and just joined on Active. Oh well, it sounds like maybe we joined twice! Who knows. Jim where can we ride on Saturday?

    ReplyDelete