Sunday, February 10, 2013

tour de franklin


The sign-up page for this year's Tour de Franklin is up. The Tour, scheduled for April 28, is one of the earliest charity rides of the season, and is the largest fundraiser for the Franklin Township Food Bank. I've started a team to ride the 62-mile metric century; Laura OLPH and Dave C have already signed up and indicated their interest in riding on the team (they actually got their registrations in before I did).

You can see the ride report from last year's ride, and a post with some additional pictures. The route doesn't change much, so you can get some info about the route from that page (there's a link to my Garmin page with elevations and a map). I've asked that the Princeton Freewheelers send out an email blast to solicit possible riders, so you may get another request if you're on that email list. I'll also be asking the Freewheelers for the additional donation from the by-laws for this ride.

The ride has an early start, and I will plan to start when the ride goes. Last year, there was a threat of mutiny over the start time, and I hope to forestall that this year; the time is set by the administrators, not me (although those of you who know me know that I'm an early-mornin' kind of guy).

I had fun last year. I hope you'll come along. If you want to ride, email me, or note in the comments. I'll also put up reminders in future posts.

1 comment:

  1. John and I have just signed up -how do we join the team?

    ReplyDelete