Saturday, August 10, 2013

saturday ride with ira

I didn't hear about any hilly rides today, so I decided to go out of Cranford with Ira S. About 22 other people did, as well, so Winter Larry took a few of them, and I swept of the sixteen that started with Ira. Off we go...


(That's Howie L on the back. Before the ride, he and Ira were waxing nostalgic over their Yiddish heritage, and I spouted off a bit of the Yiddish I had learned from my Jewish friends, growing up in Long Island. Not bad for a lapsed half-WASP, half Catholic.)


Below, at the break, May is going to HATE this picture.




The kid in the picture above, in the Liquigas jersey, and the gal in all red below, came with Ed Post (she's a niece, I'm not sure what his relationship is). While they don't have the stamina yet, they're fast; when they get in shape, they're going to be strong.

 


The last two pics were of folks coming up Rues Lane, and the pic below was at the top. I took off up Rues Lane (my kind of hill: long and not too steep), and impressed the young fellow, Eric, in the Liquigas jersey. Later I had him lift my heavier-than-his bike so he could learn that speed is not all about light hardware.



Above, the other Erich, and a woman we met on the route.

This route includes my not-quite-eight-miles from Plainsboro to the Cranbury start, and my four-or-so miles back. I was slow in the afternoon, but I decided to crank a bit in the morning; I'm satisfied with that 19.6 average to Cranbury (it WAY beats out my canal/Coppermine ride yesterday!).

No comments:

Post a Comment