Saturday, August 3, 2013

working the walnford rest stop

The Excellent Wife (TEW) and I worked the Walnford rest stop for the Princeton Freewheelers Event today. Some pictures:


Above, Cheryl M & TEW.


Jack, Al, & TEW.



Above, a view from Fred's booth. He's the owner of Bicycle-Pro, and provided mechanic support at the stop. If I lived closer, I'd probably patronize his place; he was friendly and knowledgeable.


Shiny, lugged, steel frame. Nice.






The guy above deserves his electronic shifter.






In the white hat on the left is Harri, Jack's wife; she was the other volunteer at the stop.


















Traffic was slow; I'm sure the weather kept some riders away. But we had a good team at the stop, and we were able to help a number of people.

I didn't get pictures of this, but the ground was sandy, and the grass had been cut recently. Jack and I left out our car snow brushes so riders could clean out their cleats (it was a problem early in the day), and for a while, I had a thriving business hosing off riders' rims and brake pads. TEW would have taken tips for me, if any had been offered. But it was along day, and I was glad to go home when we broke up around 3:00 (we had been there since 7:30 am).

I need a ride, though. Here's hoping for good weather for Ken G's ride tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment