Monday, February 1, 2016

you could look it up

What I didn't tell youse-all in yesterday's post is that when I met Laura OLPH yesterday, she presented me with a pre-production copy of her husband's latest book. Professor Jack Lynch has published a book, entitled You Could Look It Up :The Reference Shelf From Babylon To Wikipedia, about everything you ever wanted to know about reference books and sources.

I've been waiting impatiently for him to finish it for years. Doesn't that sound great?

Well, it does to me, but apparently it doesn't to others; when I tell people about it, they give me the same look I would get if I said I was going for a fitting for a tin-foil hat.

Jack's inscription to me is a delight:
For Not-So-Plain Jim, Who may be just nerdy enough to enjoy this book.*

*No guarantees expressed or implied.
I'm foregoing all other literary pursuits in favor of this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment