Saturday, September 24, 2016

misty metric, and need another saddle

I don't think any of us were planning on a mostly misty, rainy ride today.

Tom wasn't up for a hilly ride after the ride that my tire problems kept me out of last week, so he opted for a ride to Delicious Orchards over mostly flats, and he invited a few of his Insane Bike Posse to add a few miles from his house. The weather was supposed to be OK-if-cloudy, so the mist and occasional raindrops on my windshield didn't put me off much. Still, I dug the arm warmers out of my bike bag for today.

Laura OLPH and I met Tom at his house, and we rode to Etra Park, where we met Peter G and John:




And still it was misty and rainy. We thought it would clear in an hour or so.

It didn't.





(Mist on the camera on those last couple.)

The ride to Delicious Orchards is over many roads that had traffic, at least today, so the banter, complaining, and character assassination that occurs on many of Tom's rides didn't come out much until the break. The fare at the Orchards is high-carb, and potion sizes are extra-large. I didn't take food pics because, well, what is this? Instagram?








On the way home,the weather cleared up some, but the skies were still dramatic. Across from Etra, when we left off Peter G, Laura went to get a picture of the clouds, and Tom got a picture of Laura getting a picture of the clouds. I couldn't resist:



Yep. That's a picture of Tom getting a picture of Laura getting a picture of the clouds. This may be the first double-deep self-referential picture in Princeton Freewheeler history.

I'm proud to be part of it.

Ride page.

In other news, I've now got 100 miles on this new Specialized Ruby Expert saddle. It's got good flex, which I like, but I don't think it's for me (I think 100 miles is a good enough time to tell, and plastic saddles don't break in the way leather does... and my posterior doesn't seem to be breaking in, either). It'll probably go up on Ebay as soon as I replace it, unless somebody makes a reasonable offer. It's sold as a women's saddle, but the BG-2 it replaced was also sold as a women's saddle, and I loved that one, until it just didn't do it anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment