Friday, December 16, 2016

convalescing

It took a few days after the sprained ankle for the ecchymosis to really set in, and for the past three days, the foot's color and texture is reminiscent of Starry Night if ol' Vince had included a bit more pinky-purple. I don't know if that was what raised The Excellent Wife (TEW)'s concern, but nothing would do except that I had to drop in at the local doc-in-the-box today and get a professional opinion. So thither did I fly after work today.


(Believe me, you'd rather have this picture than one of the affected member at this point.)

The doc in question took a couple of X-rays, determined that there was nothing broken, and told me that the best thing I could do was stay off it and keep it elevated and that it would heal in 2-3 weeks (faster if I stay off it and keep it elevated). He then hustled me out so me could deal with real sick people.

I've been walking with a cane this week, but now it looks like I don't have to anymore, although I am going to do my best to persuade TEW that I should stay in the recliner with my legs up so that I can avoid the chores I don't want to do. On the other hand, the enforced idleness is less fun than I had anticipated.

No comments:

Post a Comment