Sunday, September 24, 2017

first all-online ride - i think...

So in yesterday's post about the picnic, I pointed out that I was so smitten with the online ride calendar that I put up a ride for today. It wasn't my sole intention, but I THINK it's the first club ride that's actually gone out that was only posted online on the website calendar, and not in the emailed ride list.

I only put it up on Thursday, and I wasn't sure anyone would come out, but Ricky G said he was coming. At "go time", Andrew A was there as well. (I forgot to put the chip back in my camera, so Ricky obliged with cell phone pics. I don't usually have pictures of myself here, but there I am in the flag jersey.)



(Yes, that's The Excellent Wife [TEW] in the background; she didn't come with us, but she does her own rides from the same start, and we happened to leave the house at about the same time.)

My description included:

My intention is to run this at a low-to-moderate B pace; if you want to ride ahead, you may (and there will be places to sprint if you choose). About 1700' of climb, according to my Ride With GPS page. Probably stop in Princeton, although I'm willing to entertain discussion. 
 The ride page suggests I brought it in as intended. Nobody took me up on my offer of sprints. We agreed at a stop at the Halo Pub in Princeton, but they didn't have toilets, so instead of doing the last hill, we repaired to Andrew's to enjoy his plumbing. Ricky and I pacelined the last few miles which brought the average up; I was at about 15.5 when we passed through Kingston.

I have a flatter route, but it depends on East Mountain Road being open, which it won't be until November. I expect to lead a few Sundays if I don't see anything I like, and if weather or hotheaded heads of state don't intervene.

Youse-all oughta come out. Maybe one of these years, I'll earn the coveted ride leader jersey. (But I gotta find a stop in downtown Princeton that has drinks AND toilets.)

Edit: Not the first; Paul gets that credit. Nonetheless...

No comments:

Post a Comment