Saturday, November 25, 2017

borrowed tire

Laura OLPH and I had just ridden from her house to the ride start at Twin Pines when Chris C noticed that my back tire was down to the fabric...


... in more than one place.


I don't know where I got the idea that I could get more than 3000 miles out of a rear tire, but Chris had thought the tire was wearing a few weeks ago, and I poo-poohed his concern. This is the second time, at least, that he's been right about a mechanical issue. I need to pay more attention to him.

Luckily, Chris had a tire in his truck that I could borrow for the duration of the ride.

Laura didn't have a real plan for this ride; she was planning to go to Sergeantsville, but she got to talking to Ken G about routes and roads, and the next thing I know we were heading to Rojo's in Lambertville. It was a pleasant day, and I didn't really care.


I noticed the barn...


... before I noticed the self-satisfied cat sunning himself on the windowsill.


I think these were on Brunswick, after the climb up Woodens Lane.



And, since we were going to Lambertville by way of Alexsauken Creek, we stopped in at Mt Airy to chat with the girls.



There was another rider at Rojo's, and Ken G went and invaded his table, as did Laura and I a moment later (Chris had disappeared for a few minutes). I would not dare do that on my own!




(Chris keeps telling me I need more color than my black tights. I keep telling him that if there were a bicycle-kit-equivalent of a button-down collar and a bow tie, I'd be wearing it. And don't bother showing me those faux-tuxedo jerseys; that's not what I mean at all.)

From Laura's, just under 46 miles and 2400' of climb. I didn't eat enough (can you believe it, this close to Thanksgiving?) and I was a bit under it at the end of the ride. But I'm glad I got it in.

1 comment:

  1. Same happened to me last week! The sidewall of the rear tyre was bulging. When I stopped to have a look I saw the canvas strands popping through the completely warn edge where the rubber is supposed to meet the road!

    ReplyDelete