Sunday, November 11, 2018

the usual suspects

Laura OLPH has her Hill Slugs; Tom H has his Insane Bike Posse. I've decided that the folks who come out regularly on rides with me are the Usual Suspects. And five of 'em - Ricky G, Joe M, Bob N, Peter G, and Tom, mentioned above - came out to do today's ride with me. (The attentive eye will note that there is considerable overlap among the groups: Slugs, Posse, and Suspects.)

It was my usual barely-B ride (some of us had been on the Columbia Trail yesterday). The first part was my common trip, up into Hillsborough, then down towards Skillman.



We had the usual stop at the bagelry in Princeton North.







That fellow in the Flyers jersey turned out to be a travel agent, a profession I thought had died with the advent of direct reservations, but he assured us that people come to him because if things go wrong, he can fix 'em.

Off we went to a tour of suburban Princeton, passing some houses that reminded some of us of riding around neighborhoods when we were kids, and other houses where we were sure we were causing a depression in property values just by riding though.

And then back to the start. On this part of the ride, the rest of the riders left me in their dust. I huffed up just in time to wave goodbye as some of 'em drove off.

The ride page includes my ride to and from the start from home.

I plan to keep doing these Sundays as long as weather and other commitments allow. I hope to see youse soon... and, if you're one of the Usual Suspects, I hope to see you again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment