Saturday, November 17, 2018

tom's fairly flat ride

Can you believe, after Thursday's snow and traffic snarls, that I was looking for a ride to do two days later?


Neither could most of the folks I work with. But Tom H posted for a fairly flat 45-50 miles at a pace I could manage, and it sounded just the thing.

It must have sounded good to a number of folks: we had Joe M, Chris C, Laura OLPH, Jack H, Bob N, and two Peters (Peter G and Peter R, whom we've christened "Racer Pete" because two people with the same name confuse us, and because we're not too imaginative).



Rock those non-canonical bright tights, there, Chris!






Laura's dotted tights make me think of Wonder Bread gone punk (Oooh! On black!).

We started at the Muschal school and headed into usual territory. There were stops for pictures.


At Brown's Mills, we added a mile or two by circumnavigating the lake. It's the appendix-looking thing at lower right on the ride page.





Brief stop at the Wawa in Pemberton...



... where I got some bike pics:


Above, Racer Pete's beautifully-restored Cinelli.



Above is Joe's Soma. I was taken by his cockpit...


... and then by Laura's...


... and then by Chris's. He might need to hire me to re-wrap his bars. Or maybe not.



I guess the roads are clear enough. I'll lead a ride tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment