Wednesday, August 21, 2019

retirement practice

If you're looking for info about the ride for August 25, click here.

I worked one of my every-now-and-then Sundays this past, so I was off today. As I do when I can, I went out with the Team Social Security folks, first of all because they're terrific, but also because they're mostly retired, and mostly successful at being retired. I intend to be among the ranks of the retired in two years, nine months, and six days (as I write this), and I need to learn how to do it. So  riding with them is part of my ongoing education.

They were planing to go visit Dan Z, who used t ride with 'em until a recent mishap, after the ride, but, while I might be welcome, my relationship with Dan is too distant to presume upon hospitality like that. So I just did the ride that Al P led.

It was a good 35-mile ride, but there was nothing special (unless you count getting back before the predicted thunderstorms...). I got there early, of course.















For a time, bikes like the above, with a smaller front wheel, were common for women, whose shorter-inseam-length-than-the-average-man made it difficult to have a level top-tube. Modern bikes for shorter riders now have tilted top tubes.



I got a few terrible on-the-road pictures, that you won't see, and the ones below, which are better:













One or more of those may end up as the background for the PFW web page eventually.

And Hooray! We stopped at Charleston House Coffee... where we met the C ride that had gone out after we did. How did that happen?





I gotta persuade one of the leaders I ride with to go there.

So it's another lesson in my retirement education. I wish learning about Medicaid were as pleasant.

Ride page.

No comments:

Post a Comment