Sunday, November 29, 2020

my slower ride was filled to capacity


 For the last Sunday of the month, I like to list a slower, C+ rated ride, for the folks who can't or don't want to try to keep up with my usual B rides. With the coronavirus, I've been capping my rides at ten riders plus myself, and it's never been an issue.

But it was today; my ride was full.






(Yeah, so I didn't get pictures of everybody at the start.)

I had a number of riders at various levels of ability. I gave the faster kids "permission" to sprint on a couple of long sections, while I stayed back with the more deliberate (ahem!) pedalers. 

We stopped at Colonial Park so that I could use the plumbing.






And from there, we went to the Sunset Deli in Millstone, where Ken G and an associate rolled up.





After, we rolled over some of my usual roads in Hillsborough and Montgomery, and back to Claremont School. I showed off a couple of the paved paths in the area.

I was glad to have friends out, and some I didn't know well, on such a cold day (I could have started a bit later...). Jen O came out partly because she was just a few miles short of a personal goal (one of those annual goals with a couple of zeros in the last digits). Albert P came back, and Eric H, who signed up for a couple rides but then couldn't come out, was able to come today.

And a couple of riders we met heard about the club (one at Colonial Park asked about it, and one who trailed us for the last several miles had to put up with my sales talk). Perhaps their names will swell the membership rolls!

Ride page. See, we really did bring it in at a C+ pace! (I needed it, after yesterday!)

No comments:

Post a Comment