Monday, November 23, 2020

reprise


So you might remember that ride Laura OLPH led me on a couple of weeks ago, when it was just the two of us. This week, she posted it again, and a few of us went along: some regular Hill Slugs, and some others.



Martin G had this jacket. 


I found the brand name arresting. It might just be that the Chinese manufacturer has no more idea of Roman characters than I do of Chinese... but it might be an elaborate joke:

  • The "P" as in psychology;
  • The "H" as in honor;
  • The "T" as in whistle;
  • The "X" as in Bordeaux;
  • The "O" as in young;
  • The "L" as in salmon;
  • The "U" as in guide;
  • The "E" as in make.

 It may be that the intention was to make the name doubly unpronounceable.

(I love that whole, overcomplicated business.)

Instead of stopping at the general store in Sergeantsville, we stopped at the newer bagel place, and instead of hearing from the grumpy locals out front, we met another group of riders. We chatted about bike-y stuff and overdosing on chocolate before they rode off.

I didn't notice it last time, but there was this excellence on Woodens Road:



 

That yellow-and-red vehicle appears to be a three-wheeler. And then there are the car grills and hoods, and the sculpture in blue shorts in the back.

I'm glad there are people who do such wonderful stuff. I wish there were more.

Along the way, Luis C complained about a clack in his bike. He'd had the hub looked at, and it didn't seem to be that. I noticed that when he coasted downhill, his chain was noticeably slack; I suspect rear derailleur problems. He's got ten-speed Ultegra... and it's hard to find such rear derailleurs in 2020. Other options may need to be pursued. He'll explore his options.

Ride page.

No comments:

Post a Comment