Friday, March 12, 2021

different bike jersey pattern


 Yeah, that's that cheap knit I got for mockups. If I ever do you a garment with a print on it, make sure I get the print right-side-up.

This is a different pattern with raglan sleeves. It sews up easier than the other pattern; I made this, from tracing the pattern, to cutting the cloth, to sewing up the mockup, in a few hours this morning, with time out for laundry and stupid mistakes.

You'd like this one better than the other; it's got a bit of extra room at the chest and a lot of extra room around the waist. I'll alter the pattern for myself to get rid of most of that. 

There's an option for a back pocket; the back piece is wide enough to split the pocket in three. (The pocket piece that comes with the pattern is extra-loose. The designer made this as an all-around athletic top, with adjustments to make a bike jersey; some of 'em work, and some of 'em don't. I'll make my own pocket piece pattern, when it comes to that.)

There's an option for a zipper, of course, which I'm going to leave out, of course. The designer suggested putting in an angled zipper along one of the front sleeve seams, and I may do that, someday, just because I've never seen it done.

The collar just doesn't work. There's a piece that's supposed to tuck inside and stay in place just from being tacked down at four points. It rolled up on me; I'll plan to use a narrow t-shirt collar instead. And it wants to be a bit longer; I've added an inch at the bottom for the next one.

I've got enough of that green and white from the last jersey to make one of these, so that will be next.

No comments:

Post a Comment