Friday, April 30, 2021

frock coat mockup


 It wants a heavier fabric, a lining, some stiffening interfacing, and some hems and finishing...


... and the cuffs want to be a bit wider (but I can adjust the pattern for that). Other than that, the mockup went together well.

Everything you're heard about jacket sleeves is true; they're hard to get right. Even in the mockup, I had to fit in a sleeve head.

When I get the fabric, I'll make the lining and facings first; I want to add some inside pockets (at least one on each side, wide enough to old my wallet, and deep enough to hold my phone), and doing the lining sleeves will give me a chance to practice sleeves again before making the jacket shell. The shell will be a midweight grey suiting fabric; the lining will be satin. Nobody's got my preferred teal or peacock blue in stock; I may want to do a burgundy instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment