Saturday, April 10, 2021

the return of the holy kickstand, and only one bridge out

 Before the ride, Tom H brought out the Holy Kickstand, in its new and improved form.


(I hope you can forgive my tremor in that video.)

The ritual has been updated to reflect the needs of the modern believer. (I'm a little tremulous in that video, too.)

Some in the congregation:








Now in the proper spirit, we headed up to Three Bridges. Along the way, we picked up Alf for a while, with whom I've ridden in the past; I didn't get a picture of him when we stopped near the Bessie Grover park.




I don't remember where these cows were... but the cowherdess overseeing them was most engaging. (By that time, Alf had gone his own way.)


At the Wawa on 206, I was smitten by the front fork and brake on Ricky's purple Cinelli.



We came back over roads I sometimes lead over. When we got to the 206/Amwell highway, we debated taking it over to Hillsborough Road. We investigated the bridge, with fears of grumpy constables dancing in our heads.



It WAS passable, with some bike-carrying.

Ride page.

I'm not as worn-out as I thought I'd be, or as I have been after past rides. Is it possible I'm getting back in shape?

No comments:

Post a Comment