Thursday, December 30, 2021

tempting but unimportant

 My RideWithGPS page shows that I have 3,989.6 miles for the year 2021. I could crank if over 4000 by logging another 10.4 miles... but:

  • I make a point of NOT adding miles on rides to get up over arbitrary numbers;
  • Miles are not the most important measure; I have over 281 hours of riding logged, which is probably even more important (I almost always enjoy my riding time);
  • That about 6420 kilometers. Who's to say kilometers aren't a better unit than miles?
  • It's cold and wet, my back hurts, and I have other stuff to do. 

 

2 comments:

  1. Funny how different we are.

    I couldn’t live with myself at 3,989.6 miles

    In addition to rounding up on individual rides and my yearly total, I have to ride 6 miles on my fattie today or tomorrow so it can hit the 300 mile mark for the year. It will also put me at 8,200 miles for the year.

    Sad when I concern myself with bike milestones in addition to my own but if I didn’t play these games I’d never get out of bed.

    Kilometers do look better when one is old and tired. I’m not there yet. If I was in your position and in kilometer mode I’d have to round up to 6,500.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were one of the people I was thinking of when I wrote the post!

    ReplyDelete