Wednesday, December 1, 2010

anchor house ride - commitment & conflict

Anchor House is a home for runaways in Trenton. Each year, they have a bike ride (the "Ride for Runaways") as a fundraiser. I'm thinking of doing it this year, because of a unique opportunity that we need not go into here.

The dates of the mandatory training rides (use the dropdown under "Training", then click "Training Rides") are given as April 24th, May 8, and May 23. April 24 is a Sunday, as is May 8. But May 8 is Mother's Day. And May 23 is a Monday.

I've emailed the chairs of the ride committee to see if these dates are correct, and if the requirement is cast in stone. If they are correct, and inescapable, I may not be able to do the ride.

That's disappointing. It may also be disappointing to the few people I've gotten to agree to support me.

Addendum: It turns out those were last year's dates. D'OH!

No comments:

Post a Comment