Thursday, March 17, 2011

little conspiracies

A female friend and work associate (young enough to be my daughter) is getting married, and we've been writing back and forth. I've often said that every marriage is a little conspiracy, and today I expanded on that a bit - and sometimes I don't know what I think until I see what I say:

(As for marriages, it's my contention that every marriage is a little conspiracy. It's nobody's business outside the house what happens inside the house - and a reasonable number of secrets that you share with each other and keep from the rest of the world are like glue that keep you together. If you have TOO MANY secrets, or CERTAIN KINDS of secrets, we usually wind up reading about you in the more sensational web pages, so you may want to keep an eye on things... but a certain amount of joyful dysfunction is not only a pleasure in a marriage, but a required condition. At least, that's been my experience.)
Is it egotistical to quote yourself like that?

In other news, I broke a tooth last night, and can't get an appointment at the dentist until tomorrow. Woe is me.

No comments:

Post a Comment