Monday, October 3, 2011

... and boy, are my arms tired

Saturday, I did 40 miles on the bicycle; yesterday I did the Pumpkin Patch Pedal 100-mile ride. Today I was off (had to move a usually-every-other-Wednesday-off; don't ask), and did 40 miles with the old guys at a slow, but steady pace. So 180 miles in the last three days. My legs are tired.

I am reminded of that hoary old one-liner: "I just flew in from (insert city name here), and boy, are my arms tired."

I'm planning to eschew my daily exercise routine tomorrow. When I told my excellent wife, she first felt my forehead to see if I were feverish... then she told me she was glad that I was showing some sign of sense. If that's the only sign of sense I've shown her recently, I'm crazier than I thought I was.

There is some evidence, of course, that I really am crazier than I thought I was. Ahem.

No comments:

Post a Comment