Saturday, October 29, 2011

snowy day in central jersey

Good heavens. It's not even November first, and we've got three-four inches of snow, traffic tie-ups, tree branches down, power outages, and who-knows-what-all.

So what do The Excellent Wife and I decide to do? Of course! We're going to drive the fifteen-miles-or-so to Princeton University, where there's a show of Hogarth prints at the Firestone Library with the wonderful name of Sin & the City.




And to make the trip just that much more wonderful, we'll drop in at the University Art Museum to see the John Singer Sargent An Interior In Venice that's on loan.




After that, we'll go to a romantic, secluded hideaway for dinner - how about Whole Foods? (We were thinking about going back to Conte's for pizza, but your correspondent is feeling fat, and the scale is agreeing with him these days.)

On the way back, we got behind drivers going 12 miles per hour in the snow, and then had another driver follow us into our condo association so he could yell at me about how he disliked my driving. I couldn't hear him through the closed window, and I still don't know what I did, but I hope he feels better.

(My coworker had no end of laughs about our last date to the Whole Foods for a bone scan, then Conte's. I can only imagine what she'll say about going out in the treacherous snow to see Hogarth and Sargent, then dinner at an upscale grocery store.)

No comments:

Post a Comment