Thursday, March 21, 2013

on a dare



Laura OLPH found an article about this coffee and sent me an email including only the words, "I dare ya...", and the link to the news article.

From the article:

"I always had customers coming in asking for our strongest and boldest roast," he said. I had to go through the process every day of explaining to them that dark roasts were actually the least caffeinated. This began my journey for finding and roasting the Death Wish bean and after many trial and error processes I found it. The type of blend, bean and roasting process we use makes Death Wish Coffee the strongest in the world."
 So is it the strongest because it's the darkest, or the most caffeinated, or both?

I just went to the doctor for my physical yesterday; he tells me my tremor is probably not Parkinson's, but a "Benign Essential Tremor". We're going to "keep an eye on it". D'ya think I should test it?

(And, in reality, I have no interest in this stuff. The coffee I like best, frankly, is Dunkin' Donuts; to me, the standard Starbucks blend tastes burnt and overbrewed. But the coffee I like, I like a lot; I go through 24 oz. most days, and up to 48 oz. for an occasion. And I like it with cream, sweetener, and, when I make it myself, cinnamon. Coffee snobs, be d-mned to you.)

No comments:

Post a Comment