Our plan for 2015 includes:
- January: WHYY (because we listen all the time, either over the air or by podcast; as soon as I wrap up this post, I'll head over there and put in the credit card)
- February: North Brunswick Rescue Squad
- March: USO (because although we don't always support what the troops are sent to do, we can still support the troopers themselves)
- April: Human Rights Campaign (until gay marriage is legal everywhere)
- May: PICO Network community organizers (during Obama's first term, there was a fraudulent attack on ACORN which caused it to close; I have been donating to community organizers ever since)
- June: People for the American Way (because equality and justice are just as important to the American way as freedom; if you don't have justice, you won't HAVE freedom)
- August: North Brunswick Fire Co #3
- September, October; November: not set; allowed for donations during the year. In 2014, these included the MS ride (two donations), American Heart, HomeFront, and others.
- December: Philadelphia Museum of Art (membership for 2016)
My concern is that if I don't make a plan, I won't actually make the donations. What do you do about donating? Is it a regular part of your financial plan?
(FWIW, it makes us feel wealthy to donate to causes in which we believe...)