Friday, January 1, 2016

anti-post on the turning of the year

I feel like I should have some kind of pithy end-of-the-year post. It's true I rode at least once in every calendar month in 2015, which was a goal, and accumulated over 4,000 miles on the bikes, which was not a goal. But as far as real life goes, I haven't much to say. The Excellent Father-In-Law may be failing, and I was told something yesterday that was off-base, but hurtful (I've been ruminating on it ever since). I'm not feelin' the New Year thing.

The Excellent Wife (TEW) and I did go to the Brearly House for the Hogmanay bonfire last night (more on Hogmanay here; but the only other reference I could find to a bonfire at Hogmanay was this). The rule in Lawrenceville is that you're to write the things you want to get rid of from the old year on a paper and throw it in the fire. I'd prepared mine at work; it had eleven bullets and covered half a page in single-space twelve-point Times New Roman.

If you're reading this, you weren't on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment