Sunday, March 24, 2019

cosmically disorganized


(Above, in one of my few organized moments today)

With The Excellent Wife (TEW) out of town for a few days (and needing to pick her up at the airport this afternoon), I decided to list a short ride so I'd have time to clean up and be at the airport at a reasonable time after her flight landed. So far, I haven't messed that up yet, but there's still time, as I write this.

After I got up , I made coffee and potted around the house, keeping an eye on the clock to make sure I left on time. I realized I hadn't responded to an invitation sent a week or so ago, and the RSVP date was four days past. Just in the nick of time, I called, an was informed I'd made it in enough time that I could still go. Whew!

I kept an eye on the grandfather clock in the front room to make sure I had enough time to get to the start. I'll bet I checked it for 35 minutes without noticing that it hadn't moved from 7:05, until I looked at another clock and saw I'd barely have enough time to pack up the care and get to the start.

Which I did. Peter G and Ricky G were waiting. I told them about my mishap with the clock and got myself set up to go. As I was doing, Jeff B, Dave H, and Chris C came in.




We left without incident, and did one of my usual routes; a 35-miler. The ride itself was uneventful, although pleasant; a much nicer day than yesterday's wind.

We got to the stop at 206 (Peter had ridden off on his own) to find a number of bikes already there. I had to go see what kind of idiot people would ride a bike in this weather.


Yeah, I thought so.

Ricky's got a new-old Cinelli, and the pictures don't do it justice; it is the most excellent Tyrian purple that just doesn't come across in the photos.





I loves me some bike bling.

And back. I packed up to go. And then I got a text from Dave; Ricky had left a wheel behind, and Jeff was taking it. I called Ricky and let him know; he asked if I could text him the contact numbers.

I did. But I sent him, not Jeff's numbers, but Dave's. I had to correct that.

There's been a lot of "I had to correct that" recently. It's probably not a good idea to trust me with sharp stuff for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment