Sunday, October 27, 2019

autumn leaves & lambertville halloween


(Above, Luis C and autumn.)

I had thought last week's ride, from Lambertville up to Black Eddy in Pennsylvania, would have been the best foliage ride of the year... but it wasn't. This week, Laura OLPH planned (or improvised) a ride from The Pig to Lambertville, and this ride was far better for an autumn-in-NJ experience that last week.

I got to Pennington early, and found this biker who's not carrying an ounce of extra fat:


In the same yard was this witch, taking off from the lawn for some unsavory errand or other.


I got back to find Raj, who doesn't usually dust off his bike for a ride of fewer than 100 miles, was out, and thereafter up came Peter R, Peter G, and Luis C; Laura and Ricky G (sportin' a few days' growth of beard) rolled up after that. Off we went. Laura didn't have a specific route, and made it up as she went.


Fall has come.




I like that above, of the trailers in the field with the leaves behind.




It's October in Lambertville, which means Halloween decorations are up. Some of them rival Fifth Avenue at Christmas for elaborateness and artistic merit.




I liked that above with the various phones on the tree.

It seems to me there was more at this house than there was last week. I love this one.




That scary-lookin' creature above is just poised to jump up and fly away.

Across the street were these:



Luis said that if he were ten years old, he's not sure if he would have had the courage to go up to this house:


I think I agree with him.

These dolls were a bit creepy...


And so on to Rojo's for the stop. While we were there, two couples came in on tandems. This one separates into three sections for travel:


... and this one has electric assist, AND has separation between the captain's and the stoker's pedals; one can coast while the other pedals.


More autumn in NJ:



Luis was rockin' an excellent pair of bike socks; we agreed the world would be the worse if I didn't get a picture:


Mules, I think. I haven't been able to find a link to 'em.

Ride page.

I'm writing this on Sunday (the day after); I didn't post a ride for today because of the predicted rain (which came)... but now there seems to be some brightness in the sky. I've just completed my annual breakdown-and-rebuild of the Yellow Maserati, and the lower headset bearing will need some attention; a new one is on order. Maybe I'll put on a mile or two just to make sure the bike was reassembled correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment