Sunday, May 17, 2020

arbitrary mileage ride

I don't usually adhere to arbitrary mileages on rides. For example, if we get to the end of a ride and my mileage shows 48.8, I don't do an extra trip around the block to get the computer to show 50.

And after yesterday's ride, I didn't want to commit to anything demanding. I figured I'd do a recovery ride today: maybe 20 miles, maybe pretty flat.

But then I noticed on my RideWithGPS page that I was less than 29 miles from breaking 1400 miles for the year. Pretty good for mid-May, even in a year that wasn't corona-crazy.

Well, that made a difference. I went to the route-plotting page and found that most of the convenient routes were either substantially less than, or substantially more than, the number I expected...

... but if I took a trip up Coppermine to do that 300' climb, I could get in a route that should be only a bit over the 29 miles. OK; I'll take the Krakow Monster, the heavy-but-comfortable bike, and take it slow up Coppermine.

So I wound up with this arbitrary mileage ride. And:


Dag. Five miles over. I thought I planned it better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment