Saturday, May 16, 2020

on the way back to normal

No, we're not there yet. But:
  1. There was weather that seemed a bit more like what I'd expect for the season,
  2. Several of us got together for a group ride, from a start that we've used before, and
  3. I'm finally showing some decent speed on a long ride.
Tom H invited a few of us on a ride out of Bordentown. I rode down early, and saw Chris C and Jack H; Chris was doing a different ride.


It turned out I was in the wrong lot; when I rolled over to the correct one, the gang was mostly "assembled", although we were still keeping our social-distance:



You can barely see 'em in the pictures, right?

We decided to go out in two groups: a group of four and a group of three after that. I went out with the second group: Laura OLPH and Jack H. Jack got a factory-refurbished GPS of the same model I have, and I gave him some pointers on its strengths and vagaries.

We left Bordentown, and went through the Hanovers, and around the lake at Browns Mills. I caught Laura lookin' fast:



... and then lookin' a bit more recognizable:


No conversation as we were riding today, and little at the stops; we were too far away from each other.

The Excellent Wife (TEW) will know why I posted this picture.


We stopped at a park near Vincentown:



...but, of course, no cafe, no toilets, not much of anything (and the angle of the pictures doesn't really show the separations we were keeping).

The rest of the way back, the "two groups" was honored more in the breach than the observance, although we did maintain separations.At one point, a couple of riders blew by and I chased for a while. Old habits die hard.

Almost 56 miles at 15.8mph. I feel better about this ride than most I've done recently. Thanks to Tom for setting it up, and to the rest of the gang for coming along. Here's hoping we can resume regular Club rides soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment