Monday, May 25, 2020

east windsor to the manalapan reservoir


Edit 5/26/20: As the excellent Steve Schraeger pointed out, Manasquan, not Manalapan, of course. Yo soy el idioto del mundo.

This morning, Tom H led a few of us on a ride to the Manalapan reservoir. Parking at his place is dodgy, so Laura OLPH and Jack rode in, and they picked me up at Etra Lake Park in East Windsor.

The park was still locked up at the time we left.



I parked among the fishermen and dog-walkers.




...and soon thereafter, Tom, Jack, and Laura appeared.



We headed out to the Manalapan Reservoir along some roads I recognized, and others I didn't, but I'm lost all the time anyway, so they might all be roads I've ridden on dozens of times. Just as we were crossing Route 9...


Of COURSE there was a bridge out, and a road closed for construction, and...



Of COURSE we got through anyway.

We went to the boat launch at the reservoir. For a socially-distanced location in these COVID-19 days, it was hoppin'.






I saw one fisherman come in in his goat, tie it off temporarily, set up his trailer in the water, drop a bow-mounted motor in the water and run the boat onto the trailer, just as pretty as that.

Then we went to the causeway.



That boat above is a pedal-driven kayak. What a great idea!

Ride page.

No comments:

Post a Comment