Thursday, June 14, 2012

king of the mountain

Some of my fellow riders use Strava to compare ride performance (and I've started to look at my progress there). Many also use MapMyRide, primaily to set up courses.
It turns out MapMyRide is planning to compete with Strava. From the article:
The main difference users will see between Courses and Strava is that the MapMyFitness version goes beyond ranking times up climbs and awarding King of the Mountain designations accordingly; it uses a points-based system, meaning the rider with the most trips up the local climb could be the highest-ranked rider on the climb, without logging the single fastest time. Virtual polka dots come with consistency, in this case.
In the interests of accuracy, I should probalby do accounts at both and compare... but I probalby won't. (This was sent by Dave H - and Dave, if YOU set up accounts at both and compare, I'd be interested in your feedback.)

No comments:

Post a Comment