Sunday, June 17, 2012

making the kessel run in under 12 parsecs

Remember that cranky post about sweeping rides? I swept again yesterday, and then today I went out for a slow eight miles with The Excellent Wife. Riding with her is fun, and undoubtedly good for my marriage, but it doesn't do a thing for my riding ego.

Today, we're heading up to the in-laws' for Father's Day (when you have an 88-year-old father in law who is as cool as mine, it's pretty much a command performance that you appear). That means I don't want to risk a group ride, and possibly not getting back in time... so I did my Coppermine Loop today.

Average 19.5 mph, 20 miles in under 1:02, including going up Coppermine.

I intend to be insufferably prideful today

(In other news, I really needed it. I've been cranky and suspicious recently, and a good blowout attack ride like that helped to blow some of the ghosts out of my machinery.)

No comments:

Post a Comment