Sunday, April 7, 2013

leading a d ride

The Excellent Wife (TEW) has agreed to come along if I lead a few D rides this season. I just sent off the announcement for the first one:

Sunday, May 19 D 14-18 mi 8:30am
PURPLE COW RIDE: Almost as rare as a purple cow is this Freewheelers D ride! No attitudes, no lectures, lots of stops, nobody dropped – if you can stay upright on your bike for the distance, you can do this ride; we'll go at the pace of the slowest riders. If you've been thinking of trying out a group ride, this may be the one for you. Details on my blog: seemingverb.blogspot.com a few days before the ride – ride will be cancelled for weather, insurrection, or the Zombie Apocalypse.
LEADER: Jim Brittain (email & phone)

Tell your friends, if they have any inkling to do a group ride. We're more likely to be too slow than too fast! Rated speeds for D rides are 8-9mph average, and I know that I can keep a bike upright at 2.3mph (as Quaker founder George Fox said [even though he never heard of lycra or carbon fiber in his life], "This I know experimentally").

No comments:

Post a Comment