Thursday, July 25, 2013

a wallet that works for me

A few years ago, my sister bought me a sports wallet in which I could keep all the stuff I carry (it's a lot), including house keys, and which would keep stuff dry, even when I was sweatin' away on the bike. I suppose I could get into a habit of taking just the stuff I need out of the wallet when I go on a ride... but that seems like too much effort, expecially when I had a wallet that was useful whether I was at work, out on a date, or on the bike.

The gift wallet died. I looked for another, and wasn't satisfied with the offerings I found for sports wallets (the one I had is no longer available). I stumbled on Big Skinny, and these seem to fill the bill.


The selling point they push is the "skinny"-ness of their wallets, the narrowness. But what I like is that they are nylon, and lined with something water-resistant (rubber? latex? vinyl?). I got the World Wallet with Zippered Pocket (gotta keep those keys), because I carry a lot in my wallet. It's just that little bit too big to remove easily from my pants pockets, but it's definitely working for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment