Sunday, July 21, 2013

weekend

My sister-in-law is up from Florida, and The Excellent Wife (TEW) and I were scheduled to go up to Bergen County yesterday to visit her at the Excellent In-Laws', so only a short ride yesterday. I knew I had the D ride today, so I went over the route, to make sure everything would be open. It turned out to be about 24 miles. There was some headwind, and YONKS of humidity, and I hadn't had coffee, and whine/whine/whine, and that's why I only averaged 18.1

Today was the second of my D rides. In view of Laura OLPH's ride for today, the Dvoor Farm ride, I didn't expect any others than myself and TEW... but TEW recognized George when we got to the start:


TEW had ridden with him, I think, at the July 4 All-Paces ride, and he had emailed me about the cancelled ride in May, so it was good to meet him.

You want to see TEW, don't you? It's not the best picture, but here she is:


We did a real Plain Jim Brittain route: start at Blackwells Mills, ride down Canal Road to the Main Street Cafe, then go back the same way we came down. TEW and I did it on hybrids, and TEW was not complaining about the hills (or the pace, which was a smidge faster than a D pace, but we figured we could adjust the pace to the group; after all, George was ahead for much of the ride). Here they are coming up the hill towards Rockingham:


TEW has plans to get a real road bike, and George was telling her how much faster and stronger she'd be once she got one. George has also used that Guru Fit System, and could talk intelligently about how it was better for him than the ReTul system. I wouldn't be surprised to see a fourth bike in the garage by Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment