Wednesday, July 17, 2013

purple cow ride 7/21

Edit for weather, 5:03 am: Weather looks OK. Let's do it.

If the weather holds... this time, we'll do a road bike ride. We'll start at Blackwells Mills, and ride about 8.5 miles to the Main St Cafe in Kingston. There we can fortify ourselves with caffeine and nifty baked stuff, before we turn around and go back (total of 17 miles).

The start will be at the parking lot for the Blackwells Mills entrance to the Six-Mile Run bike trail, on Canal Road in Franklin Township, just below where it crosses Blackwells Mills Road. This link to a map for the canal house shows the parking area just below the canal house.

As before, this will be the lowest-pressure ride in the book; the only lectures will be the safety lecture and my rant about mirrors. No attitudes, lots of stops, nobody dropped. I'm calling this a road bike ride, but The Excellent Wife (TEW) will be on a hybrid, and I might be, too.

If weather is iffy, I'll make a go/no-go decision by 6:30 am; if I call off the ride, it will be posted here.

Edit: Oh. Duh. 8:30 am start. I like to go on time; please be there for that. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment