Wednesday, October 16, 2013

fixing the click

In my last post, I referred to a click in the crank that I found consternating (one of The Excellent Wife [TEW]'s favorite words). I had a suspicion what it might be, and it turned out I was right. Super-mechanic Jim Langley has this page on noises, and there's an entry about a quarter-way down about a click in cranks of a titanium frame being caused by a bottom bracket that was just that little bit loose. That's what it turned out to be.  It turned out that the bottom bracket was within the torque spec, although low-in-the-range, and still making noise. It's fixed now!

Jim's got a gazillion good things on his site, and links to a gazillion more. It's a great reference to bookmark (hint, hint... in fact, I'm going to add this post to my "stuff that works" list).

No comments:

Post a Comment