Wednesday, October 30, 2013

ride with new brunswick bike exchange

I'm leading a ride with the New Brunswick Bike Exchange on Sunday, November 3. We're starting at 11:30 am, we'll take the canal towpath from Blackwells Mills to Rocky Hill, then we'll take the road to the Main St Cafe in Kingston, where there can be lunch or excellent bake-y stuff (coffee's not bad, either). Afterwards, we'll reverse the route. (Those who know me, know I can get lost in a bathroom; this is a real Plain Jim route.)

As with my summer rides, manageable length (about 17 miles), and we'll go at the pace of the slowest riders. No attitudes, lots of stops, nobody dropped. Only two lectures: the obligatory safety speech, and my rant about why you gotta use a mirror. Part of the ride IS on the towpath; I wouldn't want to take my road bike, but folks who know better than I say it shouldn't be a problem (some short parts of the path are rough, though).

Here's a Google Maps link to the canal house near the start. The actual start is in the parking lot at that little bit of dead-end below the canal house; it's marked "Six Mile Run (trail parking)".

Weather looks good (if cool) as I write this. Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment