Tuesday, March 22, 2016

acting as if

So I mostly hid out over the weekend because I was in such a foul mood that I didn't want to risk losing the friends I have (and your tenacity may belie your discernment...). I tried to come out of it, and then yesterday at work, something came up that has me returning to the land of the grumpy.

When I was active in my own substance-abuse recovery, one of the slogans the got passed around was "Act as if...", so I'm acting as if I weren't cranky and unfit for human company. I'm not sure it's working.

(Yes, I did a ride over the weekend... and I'm toying with a few pickup rides [maybe this route] if I don't like the offerings from the club. I'll send out emails or something when I'm planning on them, if and of youse have any interest in coming.)

A couple of days ago, Oddman had a post on bike pics. In an effort to rejoin humanity, I'm posting a few below:


I did not build those wheels above... and i can't imagine getting the tensions right.

I think the photographer below is trying to die:


I think the one below is just gorgeous, even without lugs and steel:


And finally, perhaps a solution to the saddle problem.



No comments:

Post a Comment