Saturday, March 12, 2016

gettin' the new glasses

No group ride today; instead, we went up to celebrate the excellent mother-in-law's birthday (she's just lost her husband, in case you have other things to do than follow every word of this blog, and she could use the support). I had heard that a new pair of glasses were to be ready, so I decided to pick them up by bike. I did this route; 22 miles, 16.4mph, a smidge over 1000 feet of climb (who knew there'd be such climb between North Brunswick and Princeton?).

I'm not happy with the pace, even though I did it on the Krakow Monster, which weighs over 32lbs. in its current configuration. I may just have to get used to the fact that I'm not going to have the speed I used to. (I was gonna blame the speed on the "Princeton Blows, New Brunswick Sucks" phenomenon: the prevailing wind out of the southwest around Rte. 27, but I don't think there was that much wind today.)

But it was good to get in a ride like this on a day I didn't expect to be able to ride at all. And it's good that the Monster can be used for such chores.

(And I really like the glasses, from Princeton Eye Group, and their Optical Shop. There are less expensive sources - I've used 'em - but the last pair I got were my first glasses in decades that I wasn't cursing within a few months, and these new ones seem to be good, too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment